Skip to content
Roll over image to zoom in
Click on image to zoom
- Teff (Eragrostis tef cv. Moxie), a warm-season annual grass, could be an excellent forage for beef cattle.
- Teff makes a very palatable hay and is well accepted by horses, llamas, alpacas, and similar livestock.
- Teff hay is not just for carb sensitive, easy keepers! Yes, it’s most often recommended as an ideal forage for horses
- PALATABLE: You would think that being a lower carb forage that teff would be relatively unpalatable. However, given it’s very fine, soft stems horses more often than not love it!
- HYPOALLERGENIC: If you, your family member, your barn feeder or your horse get hives everytime they come near a bale of timothy or alfalfa, you may want to consider teff.